First Aid knowledge is invaluable for both you as the individual and for your community. It enables you to assist persons who become injured in the event of an accident or emergency situation until help arrives. First Aid skills can be applied in the home, the workplace or in public locations, therefore the more First Aid certified people there are in a community the safer that community becomes. As unpleasant as it is to talk about, accidents and emergency situations are not completely preventable or unavoidable.
If an accident happens in the workplace, in your home or in a public space, being a helpless witness to an emergency situation can potentially worsen the situation.
Importance of First Aid Education includes but not limited to:
- Helps to save lives; A trained person is more reliable, confident and in control of themselves when an emergency arises. People who are trained are more likely to take immediate action in an emergency situation.
- It allows the rescuer to provide the victim comfort.; Having someone trained in first aid can bring immediate relief to the patient. Being calm and assessing the situation helps the patient relax while their injuries are being treated and stabilized until emergency personnel arrive.
- It exposes you to tools that can be used to prevent the situation from becoming worse;In some situations if a patient doesn’t receive basic first aid care immediately their situation will deteriorate – often rapidly. By being able to provide basic care you can stabilize a patient until emergency medical services arrive. This information will be passed on to the emergency services, which saves them time you will be a valuable link in the chain of survival.
- It creates the confidence to care; Having a basic first aid knowledge means that you’ll be confident in your skills and abilities in relation to first aid administration. By taking first aid training, it helps you to reflect on yourself and how you and others react in certain situations.
- It encourages healthy and safe living; A trained person is better able to asses their surroundings. Knowledge of first aid promotes the sense of safety and well being amongst people. Having an awareness and desire to be accident free keeps you more safe and reduces the number of causalities and accidents.
- Provides timely care to those with pre-existing medical condition; It is highly recommended that anyone working in high-risk environments should have basic First Aid knowledge regardless of employer requirement. Accidents will always happen despite any measure of preventative procedure and care. Because of this, individuals who are properly trained and with the correct equipment are a huge help in ensuring better safety for everyone.
"It is better to know first aid and not need it than to need first aid and not know it."
Always remember that Sudrex comes in 3 packs (Sudrex Headache & Fever, Sudrex Cold & Cough and Sudrex Joint & Muscle Pain and its better to always have them in your first aid kit to provide you fast relief.
#ReliefMoment #WinYourDay #OvercomeYourChallenge with Sudrex.