Due to the wide spread of the Covid-19, most Organizations have resorted to, allowing their employees work from home. But how productive is this new normal? Are employees delivering on their official assignment and meeting deadlines? Or do they spend official work time watching Tv shows or attending to other personal matters.
For a fact, working remotely is difficult. Sometimes the presence of your Boss gives you that push! but, in most cases, this is not always true. Some employees even exceed expectations on their deliverables while working remotely.
So the question is, what exactly are they doing right that their other low performing colleagues aren’t doing?
If you're new to the work-from-home lifestyle, whether due to coronavirus or because you've managed to find a remote-based job, you'll need to change some of your habits and routines to make working from home a success.
Everyone who works remotely has to figure out when to work, where to work, and how to create boundaries between work and personal life.
Let’s dig into few tips and best practices for working from home.
- Build a permanent workspace and set regular working hours: The first step in the working from home journey is to designate an area of your home, specifically for getting work done. There is also the need to set a schedule, and stick to it.
- Get comfortable Office Furniture: To boost productivity at home, you may also need to invest in office furniture. Depending on the amount of space available, consider purchasing an office desk, bookshelves, and a comfortable office chair. This will help you stay active for a long period of time during the day.
- Set Ground Rules With the People in Your Space: It is important to set ground rules with other people in your home or who share your space for when you work. If you have children who come home from school while you're still working, they need clear rules regarding what they can and cannot do during that time. You can also let them know when you will be having your breaks. They can engage with you only at these times.
- Schedule Breaks: In order to fully increase productivity while working remotely, it is essential to take breaks in between worme. This will help the brain relax and also keep you refreshed for the new task ahead. You can also use break time to listen to music, talk to a friend, drink water, take a walk etc.
- Have a workplan and using Automation: It is easier to accomplish task if you have a to-do list. We recommend you arrange task in order of preference and make use of automation apps to improve efficiency. For instance; Hootsuite to schedule social media post, the alarm clock for setting alarms and Zoho app for scheduling emails.
As you apply these best practices to improve your productivity (while working remotely), if you have a headache, fever, cold and any form of stress related body pain, your best bet to having a relieved moment is Sudrex #winyourday.