What is “junk food”? Essentially any food that is highly processed, high in calories and low in nutrients. Junk food is also usually high in added sugars, salt and saturated or trans fats. Some evidence points to junk foods as being as addictive as alcohol and drugs.
“Fast food” is food that is prepared quickly and is eaten quickly or taken out. Although there are a growing number of healthier fast food options, most fast food can still be classified as junk food.
Effects of Junks on our health
While an occasional night of fast food won’t hurt, a habit of eating out could be doing a number on your health. Read on to learn the effects of Junks (fast food) on your body.
- Headache : Eating foods filled with sodium(salt) like many fast foods can increase your risk of headaches
- Depression : Eating fast food and processed food may increase your risk for depression
- Acne : Carbs, not grease, can trigger acne. Carbs heavy fast food like french fries, hamburger, buns, and potatoes chips may lead to acne breakout
- Dental distress : The carbs and sugar in junks produce acids that can destroy tooth enamel.This can lead to tooth aches.
- Shortness of breath : Extra calories can turn into excess fats.Without exercise to counteract the increase in calories, obesity may become a reality. Obesity can cause shortness of breath and wheezing , even when you do very little physical activity.
- Heart disease or stroke : Eating of junks on the long run can cause elevated cholesterol and increased blood pressure which are the top two risk factors for heart disease and stroke
- Insulin resistance : Junks can lead to frequent insulin spikes which can lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.
- Bloating and puffiness :Your body may retain water if you eat too much sodium leaving you feeling puffy,bloated , and swollen
- Extra calories : People who eat at fast food restaurants tend to take in an extra 187 to 190 calories per day.
- High blood pressure : Junks are typically sodium-heavy, which can elevate blood pressure or worsen existing heart disorders, including congestive heart failure
- High cholesterol :fried foods are filled with trans fats (fried pies, pastries, crackers, cookies).These fats are known to raise bad cholesterol levels.
- Weight gain : Even though you may think you are eating “ healthy”, you may still underestimate the amount of calories you are consuming. This can lead to excess weight gain
- Blood sugar spike : Junks are filled with empty carbohydrates, which can cause frequent insulin spikes .This may alter your body’s natural insulin response.
So, no matter how “healthy” you think a particular junk food is , you should try to stay away from them or eat in moderation and with caution and not to forget that Sudrex Headache & Fever provides fast relief from headache, toothache and other related feverish conditions. # ReliefMoment#WinYourDay