A person's resilience is their ability to withstand or recover quickly from difficulties. A resilient person is capable of facing problems or challenges, conquering them, and returning to their lives a little bit wiser and stronger.
Here are 5 pillars of resilience that we can strengthen to become more resilient. This five-pillar system prevents us from spiraling downward when we experience stress in our lives.
The 5 Pillars of resilience include:
- Purpose: A person's purpose is to recognize and serve something greater than themselves. Personal setbacks can be overcome with the help of a purpose. Your perception of others and events will be transformed when you have a sense of purpose. Purpose can have many different forms and is not limited to religion or any specific beliefs but can be as simple as being there for your neighbours or committing to a better planet.
- Self-Care: There are many different ways to understand self-care, and it is different for each individual. A sense of vitality, energy, and confidence are characteristics of people who are able to live effectively, cope with the challenges of daily life, and function effectively in the world. We must actively engage in self-care as individuals if we are to maintain it.
- Being aware of who you are, understanding your personality, is self-awareness. Understanding your strengths and weaknesses, as well as your thoughts, beliefs, and motivations. The ability to understand oneself and the world, as well as the situation, helps you understand others as well. You are better able to handle difficult situations when you have it.
- Positive Relationships: Good and bad times require support and guidance from friends, family, and loved ones. By volunteering or joining a faith or spiritual community, you can establish other important connections.
- Mindfulness: is our ability to be fully present, aware of where we are, what we are doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what is going on around us. Every time you bring awareness to what you are experiencing through your senses you are practicing mindfulness.
As you remain resilient towards your goal, always remember to take Sudrex when you are down with Headache & Fever, Cold & cough and Joint & Muscle pains.
Follow Sudrex on Facebook and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel @SudrexNigeria.